Thursday, May 28, 2020

Finding The Silver Lining




Finding the rainbow in times of #loss can be a challenge. Especially when you have lost someone, or something that seems to have made your life complete. However, at the end of the grieving process, things start to slowly, VERY slowly, start to look positive once again.

As I am beginning to emerge from the cave of sorrow, things are starting to look bright once again. I am slowly starting to smile, slowly "caring" about what happens in the world again, and slowly, ever so slowly, getting used to the idea of my buddy not being here, on this plane of existence to share his life with me any more. I still have my good days and my not so good days, but I do my best to trust the process and let the healing, regardless of how long it may take, take it's course.

Getting to the point of feeling "normal" once again is a chore, and it will be some time before I am able to honestly say that I feel "normal". However, every day is an opportunity for me to get out into the world, even during these crazy times, and practice being a human being once again. For those of you who may have lost a beloved pet, you understand where I am coming from. For those that do not understand how attached to your heart an animal can be, give it time. One day there will be one that you feel is more family then just a "pet".

As I continue to journey down this path, stay tuned to learn more about where I will end up once I get a position in the radio industry, which is what my degree is in. In the mean time, I am taking every day one step at a time, and being as gentle with myself as I can. It's not easy, but I'm doing my best.

Until next time,
Dan

2 comments:

  1. Dan, that's a beautiful post. 'Cave of sorrow' is a very powerful word picture and says volumes about this journey you/we are on. A friend of mine once referred to the grief over her mother's death as 'the Grand Canyon of grief' which was a powerful portrayal for me. Your 'cave of sorrow' is every bit as potent. And I appreciate reading from someone who is walking this road of recovery from deep loss. Speaking for myself, you can't over do it on this topic, especially since most don't venture into these waters. Kudos that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pets are definitely family.My tank likes me better then my wife and kid lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Be sure to subscribe to stay updated with my blog postings.